The other day I was feeling nostalgic for M&M Cookies- those big soft colorful cookies that I adored as a kid. I’ll admit that every once in awhile I’d pop into Subway and take one of those big suckers to go.
My closer friends will know that I’ve been going through a massive makeover for my apartment at the moment and I have had my head down, face mask on, cleaning and cleaning and cleaning to no end. About a week ago, I couldn’t help it. I needed a break and I needed to MAKE something to make myself happy.
These M&M cookies were the perfect solution because they were incredibly easy and quick to whip up, but colorful, aromatic, and delicious. I was over the moon when they came out of the oven.
This recipe calls for a bigger batch about 20-25 cookies. And your goal is to bake them till they’re firm but slightly undercooked, leaving them with a nice gooey soft texture.
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of M&Ms
- Cream butter with brown and white sugar. Then add in the eggs one by one, mix until smooth.
- In another bowl, mix in the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients to form a gooey dough.
- Mix in the M&Ms
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Using your hands, shape dough into little round balls with approx 2-inch diameter. Place on parchment paper and bake at 190C for 8-10 minutes.
- If you're cookies aren't too big in size, I would recommend using mini M&Ms they will incorporate into the dough and make it much easier to shape.
- 砂糖1/4 杯
- 蛋2顆 (室溫)
- 香草精2 茶匙
- 中筋麵粉2 1/2杯
- 泡打粉1 茶匙
Not only was I able to satisfy my baking cravings, the next day I had a great batch of cookies to share with my colleagues. BEST THING EVER: One of my colleague’s kid went to Subway the next day and said, “Mommy, the cookies here are so hard? I like Cher’s cookies”. Awww aren’t kids just the sweetest?! So if you’re ever in a desperate need to MAKE something, try making these M&M cookies, I promise you will NOT regret them. Feel free to make a bigger batch as they are sure to go FAST. Sometimes childhood oldies are goodies for a reason!
很開心久久做一次餅乾，不但重回了笑容，還可以跟同事分享。最感動的是同室的小孩隔天去賽百位竟然說 “馬麻~賽百位的餅乾怎麼都硬掉了? 姐姐做得比較好吃!” 嘿嘿，小孩最誠實啦，相信你也可以做出比賽百味還要好吃的M&M巧克力餅乾。