What a whirlwind of a month – I missed out Thanksgiving completely.
To be fair…it never really feels like Thanksgiving here in Taiwan anyway. A lot of the time, these foreign holidays are only an excuse for businessmen to take your money
What I’m trying to say is…missing out Thanksgiving wasn’t a bust at all because nobody needs to declare a holiday for “Friendsgiving”.
One of my friends hosted a small gathering at her place on the last day of November, giving me the perfect occasion to bring dessert. And let me tell you, this dessert is the perfect solution if you don’t want to make a flown blown pumpkin pie for the holidays.
We didn’t have enough people to purchase the big bird, but my friend did whip up a small one, basked in herbs, sweet vegetables and a hearty amount of oil. The chicken was juicy tender and packed full of flavor. I’m going to have to ask her for the recipe to share!
還好上週剛剛好有機會，跟幾位可愛的朋友聚餐。主糾的拿手菜是烤雞! 這次的烤雞皮特別酥脆，肉質鮮嫩多汁，真的很厲害! 下次一定要跟她要食譜試試看，連周邊的蔬菜都很讚。
Back to the dessert. With all the added spices and mascarpone cheese, it has all the right flavors and tastes just as creamy as a pumpkin pie without the fuss of baking nor the added calories of that buttery crust (although I’m also a big advocate for a good hearty piece of pie, as a matter of fact, I plan to share my pie recipes very soon).
Since I don’t have many fancy cake pans, I simply used my 970ml glasslock container, what’s great about this is the lid! Makes it super easy for me to take it to go.
搭配豐盛的主菜，雪兒跟主糾說好要帶提拉米蘇 (雪兒喜歡在提拉米蘇裡偷偷加一點奶酒，更香甜)。但這次要分享並不是一班的提拉米蘇，而是季節性的南瓜口味。比起南瓜派 ，南瓜提拉米蘇好做許多，不用做派皮、不用進烤箱 ，就可做出感恩節/聖誕節甜點。
All right, hurry along and impress your family and friends with this no-bake simple but classy recipe!
- 125g pumpkin puree
- 40g brown sugar
- 10g granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 150g mascarpone cheese
- 90ml heavy cream
- 1 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 pack of ladyfingers
- Cocoa powder and fresh mint for garnish
- In a large bowl whisk together pumpkin puree, brown sugar, granulated sugar, ginger, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg. Add in the mascarpone and heavy cream.
- Use an electric mixer (you can also do this with a hand whisk) and beat the pumpkin mixture at medium speed until it forms soft peaks. Be careful not to overbeat.
- In another bowl pour in the cooled coffee.
- 4. Dip both sides of the ladyfingers into the coffee mixture before arranging them into a baking pan.
- Spread half of the pumpkin mixture on top then add another layer of ladyfingers before finishing with the last layer of pumpkin mousse.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight to up to 2 days.
- Garnish with cocoa powder, shaved chocolate and mint before serving
- For the pumpkin puree you can use the canned kind, or simple cut a fresh pumpkin in half and put it into the oven. Bake at 100C for about 30 minutes. Discard the seeds before scooping out the meat, the pumpkin should be quite soft and ready to use.
- 咖啡1杯 (冷卻)
- 手指餅乾1包 (約10根)
- 把南瓜泥、黑糖、砂糖、薑粉、肉桂粉、鹽、荳蔻粉、馬斯卡彭起司、鮮奶油放進攪拌鋼中混合 ，直到沒有任何塊狀。
- 第一層鋪上手指餅乾、第二層鋪南瓜餡、第三層手指餅乾、第四層南瓜餡交錯放入 (原則上四層就可以了)。