I can barely believe that we’re already well into 2016. The last week of 2015 was a complete blur…let’s just say I was frantically cleaning in blind fury. Gone with the old, in with the new. (deeeeeeeep breath) I’m ready.
This blog is not even one years old and I’ve already been on countless hiatuses. Although, I’m not big on New Year resolutions, I’m going to make this one: to commit, get organized and figure out a way to make it work so I can post consistently (every 1-2 weeks).
I want to kick start this year with something celebratory, still savoring those holiday vibes. Luckily I have two very important January babies to motivate me to get creative.
I want to point out that THIS recipe is not entirely my creation. I got this idea from the lovely Jane, from Jane Patisserie. Her treats will make you drool. AND get this, she has a very sweet and modest personality, you’ll love her, I promise.
I’ve always fancied the idea of having a little liquor in my cheesecake but so far I’ve only experimented with Rum Raisin. So when Jane posted her No Bake Bailey’s Cheesecake it left a solid impression. YES! Jane, I’m finally trying one of yours 😉
每次做起司蛋糕時，雪兒都忍不住想加點酒，之前做過萊姆葡萄起司蛋糕，所以看到珍妮的奶酒起司蛋糕 (不用烤喔!)，我就一直想找機會嘗試。在忙碌的生活中， 想親手做個蛋糕來慶生，就是它啦!
It just so happens that the receivers of these birthday cheesecakes are opposite genders, hence, I decided to decorate them differently. The boy’s cake plays around an M&M theme while the girl’s cake featured strawberries.
M&Ms are crushed and mixed into the digestive cookies to create a colorful crust. When the cake is set, I dusted a light layer of cocoa powder before placing the some more crushed M&Ms in the center.
25g melted butter
1/4 cup of crushed M&Ms
For the strawberry cheesecake: instead of using digestives, I decided to use a nutty crust made with macadamia nuts and dates.
1 cup of macadamia nuts
1/2 cup of pitted dates
1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 100g digestives
- 40g melted butter
- 1/3 cup of crushed M&Ms
- 150g cream cheese
- 30g powder sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Irish cream (Bailey’s)
- 100ml double cream
- Cocoa powder
- Crushed M&Ms
- Whirl the digestive cookies in a food processor. Add crushed M&Ms and melted butter. Mix. Spread on a bottom of 4’’ cake pan and press down firmly. Set in fridge while you make the filling.
- Whisk together cream cheese, icing sugar until smooth before adding in the Irish cream. (You may need an electric mixer to make your life easier). Make sure the mixture remains nice and smooth, no lumps. Finally pour in the cream and give it a good whisk (couple of minutes) until the whole mixture becomes thick and mousse like.
- Pour the filing over the biscuit crust and set it in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the cheesecake from the cake pan and start decorating! Sift on thin layer of cocoa powder then add crushed M&Ms in the center. Done.
- 奶油 25g
I sincerely wish these two important people in my life a very Happy Birthday and hope they have enjoyed my little homemade present to them. Are there anymore January babies out there? If so, make a wish! Blow out a candle! And know that I send my warmest blessing
As always, until next time!