Tofu salad dressing, tofu mac and cheese, I bet you’re wondering what’s next…TOFU SNOW!
It was a lazy rainy Sunday, I’ve been craving for Almond Shaved Ice, your typical Taiwanese shaved ice with almond milk jelly topped with condensed milk. One of my must-eats when I travel down south to Tainan. This is when I remember stumbling upon an incredible blog filled with simple but mouth-watering treats inspired from Japan.
SO, I have to thank and give credit to Japan Cook Lab for this delicious and incredibly EASY recipe, which I simply adapted by using coconut milk instead of cow’s milk. The results were better than I could ever imagine…AND it comes close to tasting like Almond Shaved Ice. Amazing. Who knew that 3 ingredients blended together can create something so delicious! I’m SO satisfied.
這次雪兒選用椰奶代替牛奶。天阿! 成品太好吃啦!! 完全不輸一般的雪糕/冰淇淋。甚至有杏仁豆腐冰的FU。夏天吃冰品真的好幸福。下次一定會再嘗試其他口味! 謝謝宅米!
One of my favorite ingredients, tofu: remember to strain out the excess water!
Once all ingredients are blended, simple pour into a container of your choice and FREEZE!
I took the container out every 1.5 hour or so, used a fork to scrape the frozen mixture, creating fluffy frozen granules
Incredible ice dessert made with tofu, you must try it!
- 100g Silken Tofu
- 70ml Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- Place the silken tofu over a sieve to drain out all the excess liquid.
- Using a blending, blend tofu, coconut milk, and sugar together.
- Pour the liquid into an airtight container (zip lock bag will also work).
- Place into the freezer. Take a fork and lightly scrape the frozen mixture to create fluffy granules after 1.5 hours. Repeat at least two times.
- Freeze for another 30-60 minutes and it's ready to serve.
- Feel free to choose any milk or sweetener of your choice.
- 嫩豆腐 100g
- 椰奶 70ml
- 砂糖 2 大匙
- 倒入可密封的容器 (保鮮盒、密封袋)。
If you can read Mandarin, please visit Japan Cook Lab, I promise you that there are a WHOLE lot of other easy Japanese inspired recipes waiting for you!