The time is ticking. 7 days till take off.
Last minute shopping; piles of laundry; smelly garbage; rotting leftovers…the list goes on. When did these mundane chores become such a burden? A heavy weight on my shoulders. A sickening feeling in my stomach.
I feel myself spinning out of control as my job takes over in full force. I am leaving for my business trip in less than 2 weeks and as usual, I’ve been working nonstop. But somehow in the midst of all this chaos a little voice in my head keeps reminding me that there is leftover cream cheese sitting in the fridge. “Hurry up and use it! It’s going to rot. Don’t waste good food, hard earned money”… and then there’s my roommate, craving for brownies for a good month or so.
That’s it. It’s time for a breather and I knew. I just knew that I wanted to marry the two. So there you have it, my cheesecake swirl brownies.
髒亂的衣物、油膩的碗盤、發酸的垃圾、無隱無蹤的塵霾、工作亂了我生活的步調 。上班、加班、外食、睡覺、失眠， 太陽升起 再來一遍。眼中的淚水，不是不夠堅強，是需要解放。
I was going for a rich dark chocolate flavor that’s not too sweet. Dense, moist, and a bit chewy. The cheesecake part is actually adapted from my rum raisin cheesecake recipe. The results were quite good, although the next time around, I would like to use a little more cream cheese to really bring out the flavor. Love the color contrast and marbled effect!
This recipe is great for first-timers in the kitchen, because all you have to do is simply mix all the ingredients into a smooth consistency then bake! Please do let me know if you give it a go!
布郎尼最適合初學者了! 只要把所有的材料攪拌均勻就可以進烤箱了。幾乎是零失敗的甜點! 快來試試看吧!
- 130g cocoa powder
- 40g dark chocolate (melted)
- 60g butter (melted)
- 60g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 40g cake flour
- 2 eggs
- 200g cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of flour
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of rum (optional)
- Using two separate mixing bowls. Mix all the ingredients for the brownie in one and all ingredients for the cheesecake in another.
- Line a pan with baking sheet and pour in 2/3 of your brownie mix. Then add your cheesecake mix on top. Smooth out the cheesecake mix to cover the first layer.
- Pour the rest of your brownie mix on the very top. Using a knife start swirling and creating the marbled effect. Careful only to mix the top layer, as we want to see the different layers on the bottom.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes at 190C
- You can totally make just the brownies or just the cheesecake.
- 黑巧克力40g (融化)
- 奶油60g (融化)
- 萊姆酒2茶匙 (可省略)
I had the great opportunity of sharing these brownies with my dear roommate, friends, and colleagues. Thrilled to hear all the positive feedback! Several asked for the recipe (it’s finally here!) and others wanted to know if I was selling/taking orders (maybe after I come back from my business trip). All these comments made my day, just what I needed, positive energy. Of course, a big shout-out to all my followers and fellow blogging friends! Thank you all for the love, it really keeps me going 🙂