I’m sure many of you already realized that cheesecake is probably one of my favorite kind of cakes. Wait a minute, WHO DOESN’T LOVE CHEESECAKE!? There’s something about that silky creamy texture that I love so much. And I like my cheesecake quite dense, none of those fluffy Japanese kinds. Please give me straight up New York or solid slices of cream cheese swirled with cream. Maybe I’m just in love with cheese in general. Whatever it is, this is my FOURTH cheesecake recipe on this blog. In addition this Berrylicious New York Styled one, I’ve also made a Raisin Rum for Father’s Day as well as a No-Baked Irish Cream version, heck I even made Cheesecake Swirled Brownies.
This berrylicious cheesecake is fairly simply as the berry part of it used 100% fresh jam. Dollop a few spoonfuls of it on top of your filling, run a knife through it and wah-la! Instant marble effect. You can most certainly substitute with any flavors you like or if you have time and is blessed with fresh berries, be my guest, it’s always better to use fresh.
Here’s an easy walk through. For the base of cheesecake, start by whirling your digestive cookies (or Oreos, graham crackers, you get to pick!) to a fine crumble, then add in your melted butter to mix it all up. Then you can start spreading the mixture onto a 6-inch pan.
After the crust is finished, it’s time to make the filling. Simply mix all the ingredients together to a smooth silky consistency. Then pour into the cake pan. Smooth down the filling and add dollops of jam on top. To create the marbled effect, use a small knife and lightly run through the surface. Into the oven it goes!
- 5 digestive cookies
- 50g melted butter
- 450g cream cheese
- 50g sugar
- 1 tablespoon of rum (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 90g sugar free yogurt
- 20g all purpose flour
- Strawberry jam (for marble effect and added flavor)
- Whirl the digestive cookies in a food processor. Add melted butter and mix well. Spread on a bottom of 6’’ cake pan and press down firmly.
- Whisk together cream cheese, sugar, rum, eggs, yogurt, and flour until smooth. Make sure the mixture remains nice and smooth, no lumps.
- Pour the filling over the biscuit crust and smooth it out and add drops of strawberry jam. Use a knife to drag the jam lightly through the surface to create marbled effect.
- Bake in a 190C oven for 20-30 minutes. Leave on cooling rack until completely cooled before putting it into the fridge for 1-2 hours before serving.
- To check if your cheesecake is done, you can gently shake it, the sides should be firm and the middle should jiggle just slightly.
- 奶油 50g